We have ongoing Introductory workshops! This is the ideal way to start your ashtanga and learn the foundations of Ashtanga Yoga.
These workshops are suitable for the absolute beginner, those making the transition from other yoga disciplines, or more experienced practitioners willing to go back to the basics to shift practice habits and patterns.
Join us for one of the following introductory workshops. We have one day weekend courses which include bonus Mysore classes on the week following the course.
Cost: $100 + GST
Payment is available via the following ways:
1) PayPal: Please see link below
2) Etransfer: Please email us with the following information: name of person attending + email address of attendee + date of workshop attending. Etransfer of $105.00 (includes GST) can be sent to email@example.com, please set the password to be ashtanga.
3) In Person: Please email us directly if you prefer to drop off payment at our studio location. Arrangements can be made if payment is being dropped off during our non-class hours. Cash or Check only.
An email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours of us receiving payment via PayPal, Etransfer or Cash/Check. Please keep this email for your reference as it will also include information to know prior attending the workshop (ie what to bring, parking, etc).
Date: Saturday NOVEMBER 24TH
9:30-11:30 AM Workshop
Includes Bonus Mysore Classes November 26-29
Date: Saturday DECEMBER 8TH
9:30-11:30 AM Workshop
Includes Bonus Mysore Classes December 10-13
*Bonus Mysore classes are valid for weekdays immediately following the course. No extensions please.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
After each workshop you will be able to start attending any of our Mysore style classes.
Welcome to our community!
About Ashtanga Yoga and “Mysore Style” Classes:
Ashtanga Yoga is traditionally and most effectively learned in the individualized setting of Mysore style classes. In our Mysore classes you will be taught the series in a thorough precise manner, one-by-one under the guidance of one of our teachers.
We highly recommend a minimum 3x / week commitment in order to gain the full benefits of the ashtanga yoga practice, develop a relationship with the teacher, and to better suit your specific needs. Ideally, ashtanga yoga should be practiced 6 days each week.
After taking an Introductory workshop, Mysore classes are the starting point for your journey. Starting out, you can expect your practice to be approximately one hour, however this varies from student to student. If you only have thirty or ten minutes, you can still come! Just tell the teacher when you start your practice. Consistency is the most important part of the practice.
After attending your introductory course, the best classes to attend for new ashtanga students are the “Mysore” style classes. In this setting, you will be guided individually through the poses. Once you have experience your teacher will let you know when you can attend the led classes.
How to Start:
- Join one of our Introductory workshops. Just visit our workshop page and look at our Introductory Courses. You can register via pay pal. You will receive a confirmation of your attendance in the course. After taking the course, you will be able to attend any of our “Mysore” style classes comfortably!
- The teacher will tell you when you are ready for our led counted classes held on Fridays or Saturdays.
- Ideally Mysore practice makes up the majority of your yoga practices each week.
- The most important part of beginning a practice is to be consistent and regular. A shorter daily practice is better than skipping practice. If you have less time for practice some days, just tell the teacher before you begin your practice.
What to bring:
Please bring a yoga mat, towel and wear comfortable clothing. We accept cheque or cash. We recommend drinking water 30 minutes after practice and/or one hour before. We currently do not have shower facilities at this time.
What Pass do I buy?
We have a one month unlimited “introductory” pass for Vancouver residents. This pass can be used once for new students. You can use this pass after you have completed your introductory workshop.
We also have “Drop In” options if you prefer. For more information on class cards and pricing, see our prices page.
Is there anything else I should know?
After your introductory course, you have enough experience to come to our “Mysore Style” Classes. You do not need to be flexible. Just choose your preferred start time and let your teacher know at the introductory course when you would like to practice.
We do offer introductory workshops every month. These workshops are the ideal place to start the learning process. Please see the introductory course listings to see our current listing of Introductory Workshops.
The benefits of the ashtanga practice are most potent when one practices regularly over an extended period of time. As Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois says, “Take Practice and All is Coming.”
We look forward to meeting you soon!